Saturday, June 16, 2012

Venezia Caffe, Venice


Venezia Caffe
Venice, Italy

I apologize in advance that I cannot remember the specific address or even a phone/email for this next cafe.  You see, I was wondering around the winding, tiny streets of Venice and stumbled across this amazing shop, but I must admit I might have been a bit lost.

The Venezia Caffe is a narrow shop, probably no more than 15 feet wide.  There are no tables to sit at, just a long bar that patrons stand at to drink their espressos.  The owner is a wonderful, middle age Italian woman who roasts her own coffee right in the shop on a small batch roaster that takes up a fifth of the shop.  The idea of a "cup of coffee" is foreign in Italy (everything is an espresso base), but this doesn't mean that everything is an espresso roast.  She will make your shot out of any of her roasts that she has going at that time.  I'm not entirely sure which roast of her's I had, but I will tell you that she made me the best caffe macchiato that I have ever had in all of my trips to Italy.  And in the world of Italian espresso, that is saying A LOT!

2 comments:

  1. CI SIAMO TRASFERITI AL
    LIDO DI VENEZIA
    VIA LEPANTO 17/A
    Tel: +41 766757882
    Tel: +39 3290080102
    www.veneziacaffe.eu
    veneziacaffelugano@sunrise.ch
    veneziacaffe@gmail.com


    ReplyDelete